When you envisioned your business your dreams reflected a great company, with great employees, and a great mission. Somehow the existence of your company would make this world a better place either through the products and services you offered or through employees you provided with a steady income. Where is your business now? Perhaps your business is failing, mediocre, or performing well but not according to your dreams. Are you ready to make it great?
Good to Great
If you’re ready to take steps towards greatness, then join us for our study of Jim Collins’ book Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t. This book contains in depth research performed by his team over the course of five years. The process of taking a company from good to great relies not on executive compensation, celebrity heroes, or any one person. But rather on the ability to adopt a framework that provides the foundation for establishing a company that can rise to the top and outperform the competition year over year. This framework includes:
1) Level 5 Leadership: Leaders with a paradoxical blend of humility and professional will, like Lincoln and Socrates.
2) First Who…Then What: The principle of hiring the right people before setting the vision and strategy.
3) Confront the Brutal Facts: The belief that through the difficult times you will prevail in the end so long as you have the discipline to confront reality.
4) The Hedgehog Concept: The intersection of three circles comprising of what you can be the best in the world at, what you are deeply passionate about, and what makes enough money.
5) A Culture of Discipline: A culture that combines disciplined people, thought, and action with an ethic of entrepreneurship.
6) Technology Accelerators: The careful section and pioneering of technology to accelerate growth rather than to ignite a transformation.
7) The Flywheel and the Doom Loop: The process of pursuing success in one direction, turn upon turn, building momentum until a point of breakthrough, and beyond.
Order Your Book
If you’re ready to become a selfless leader who builds a great team and passionately pursues a simple goal, then follow along with us as we explore this timeless classic and begin to become great ourselves. We’ll discuss each of the principles in great detail over the next few months. You can order your book from your local bookstore or through my affiliate link at Amazon.com. Are you ready to become great?